Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 74

(Technically: 219)

Lots of running around. Had to really start wearing the producer's hat in the past few days, since a few people have had to back out of the project, unfortunately.

Ran out again to the apartment in Brooklyn, and finally got the owner to sign the contract!

Hadn't been home for two seconds before receiving an email from Christina and Geoff of the Council of the Wise (aka the Production Supervision Committee -- sounds kinda like a subcommittee of the Census Bureau or something). They wanted to meet at noon. It was already 11:58. Crap.

So, ran to Tisch.

As one does.

Went through the production book with Christina and Geoff, who were very supportive. I got an email shortly thereafter informing me that we had been approved! YAY!!!

Met with Yemane, who gave me a list of names to try to help bolster my thin crew list, now that we won't have a producer on set.

Then I sat in a corner and shouted at my computer screen as I tried to navigate the labyrinthine website of the NYU Insurance & Risk Management Department. Finally, I got an email confirming that I could go and file with the Mayor's Office, which I will do tomorrow.

Ran into Eric. Then Richard, our new DP.

After treating myself to some R & R at Sundaes and Cones on East 10th Street, met with Kristy to discuss make-up. Things are going well. I hope we can do some more test shoots before we plunge right into it, but I'm happy with what we have so far and I think it will work out very well regardless.

So, having missed most of class by this point, Richard called me and we went out to Williamsburg to scout out the location for the zombie walk next Friday. Scoped it out for shots and angles and discussed lighting set-ups.

We went back to Palladium, where we worked on a new equipment list, which we'll hopefully have quotes for by tomorrow.

Didn't get around to calling Budget Rental today. Will do tomorrow. After running to the Mayor's Office. And calling Hand Held for quotes. So much to do!

Phew! Lot done today. Lot's of running around, but I'm feeling good! Maybe it's the endorphins trying to negate the pain of actual physical exertion, but nevertheless, I feel good right now. A little under the gun, but that's where I shine.

Tomorrow I start rehearsals with Jim and Morgan, which should be a lot of fun because we'll hopefully get to really play around with the characters and make it funny (no promises, though!).

Happy Tax Day (an oxymoron, I admit). At least the dead don't have to pay taxes.

...Or do they? (SPOILER ALERT: No, they don't)